Wednesday, March 5, 2014

'Changing Hues' Ganoksin on-line exhibition featuring Cari-Jane Hakes

'Toot toot!'
That is the sound of me blowing my own trumpet.  I know it's not very British, but honesty, no one else is going to do it for me now are they?

Two of my pieces have been accepted for the Ganoksin 'Changing Hues' exhibition.  Seeing my pieces in among this amazing phantasmagorical peacock display is rather fantastic.  Actually, my work seems hushed in hue, quiet little pools of turquoise, grey and green, when compared to the riot of colour in some of these works!

To see the 814 other entries in this eye popping exhibition, click here.

Midnight Bird Singing by Moonlight by Cari-Jane Hakes
Love Letters Written By Moonlight by Cari-Jane Hakes
I actually don't own an enameling kiln yet and produced these pieces whilst on a beginners enameling course with the fabulously talented and all round enamel guru Joan MacKarall. As far as the art of enameling goes, I'm really interested in creating broad sweeps of colour and expanding the canvas of colour within the jewellery piece.  Often colour in jewellery is restricted to the tiny accent gem so enameling really allows you to let rip!

Elsewhere on the bench I am busy with my first international order for Notonthehighstreet.com producing one of my 'The Day My Life Changed' pendants (click here to see it).  I'll need to make a fair few more of these before I can invest in a kiln though!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats! :-) I don't comment often, but I do love your work and really enjoy seeing the wonderful things you create.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LogPoes, thank you! And thank you for taking the time to comment. I'm glad you are enjoying the hybrid handmade show!

      Delete
  2. well, good for you Mrs.! well done!

    Love your pieces 'changability' of your pieces. A secret surprise.

    you are indeed among good company. had a look through and am always at a loss to comprehend the amount of wonderfully talented people this little world of ours holds. take a look at this piece.............holy moly. can you imagine the time at the workbench? http://www.ganoksin.com/exhibition/changing-hues/Chelsea-Fay-Necklace-Front

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know! The hours of dedication! Off to check your 'top tip' out now!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...