Sunday, March 23, 2014

Writing Love Letters by Moonlight

I am happily, busily engaged creating 'The Day My Life Changed' necklaces.  The words that people are choosing to inscribe on these bands are very touching.  As I read each request I smile and imagine how loved and cherished each person will feel when they open a black ribbon-ed box, hold their necklace up to the light and read.  As the significance of each personal 'love letter' sinks in, I know I will have played a small part in making their day 'a good one'.

'The Day My Life Changed' pendants, March 2014, Cari-Jane Hakes
Some other messages are more cryptic.  Special dates with important meaning that only the requester and the recipient will understand.

And so I write, I hand stamp these letters with an intense focus.  They get formed into bands and threaded onto their central rod.  I hand polish them until they glint with a moonlit glow.

'The Day My Life Changed' pendants, March 2014, Cari-Jane Hakes
If you'll excuse me, I have more letters to write!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...